National Sustainability in Business Conference 2017
Date(s) - 23/03/2017 - 24/03/2017
Hotel Grand Chancellor
Category(ies) No Categories
Following feedback from Association members and partners the “National Sustainability in Business Conference” has been reconvened, and will be held the Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane from the 23-24 March 2017.
The National Sustainability in Business Conference themed ‘Renewables – Markets – Innovation – Opportunities – Capital’ will address the need for sustainable business practices, and what this means in today’s ever-changing world.
Knowing the importance of building the business case for sustainability, the Conference Program will include an extensive range of topics with keynotes, concurrent sessions, forum presentations, case studies, panel discussions and poster presentations.
Speakers can either provide a 30 minute presentation within the following session topic areas:
- Renewable Energy Systems and Sources – Biofuel, Biomass, Hydrogen & Fuel Cells, Hydropower, Solar Energy, Geothermal Energy, Wave Energy, Tidal energy, Energy Storage and Wind Power. This can also include energy transformation from renewable energy system to grid.
- Think Local First – development of the local economy and community, urban agriculture, Buy Local.
- Innovative Business Opportunities – Incubators, Start Ups, Venture Capital / Entrepreneurs.
- The Energy Market – Regulators, Wholesale and Supply Chain, Retailers, Consumer Demand, Carbon trading, Emissions.
- Trends, Policies and Strategies – current and emerging trends, technologies, research, government policies and industry initiatives within the environmental and sustainability sector
Or present for 15 minutes within an interactive 90 minute Q&A Forum on the following:
- Renewables Forum: focusing on systems and sources, technology, transformation, policy, research, opportunities, challenges, research and application for business
- Innovation Forum: focusing on key trends driving sustainable brand innovation, investment focus, opportunities, challenges, emerging markets, sustainable business practices
- Opportunities, Markets & Capital Forum: focusing on finance, investment and economic development, business models, radical change in customer value propositions, metrics.