GBCA: Head of Market Engagement
Advertisement | 12 April 2017
- Influence the strategic direction of the GBCA
- Strong commercial focus working closely with the property industry
- Flexible work arrangements to support a work/life balance
- Sydney CBD Location
About the role
This is a high level role, requiring someone who is results driven, has strong commercial business acumen and can drive organisational growth. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be a key member of the Senior Leadership team and have the opportunity to influence the strategic direction of the GBCA. You will attend GBCA Board meetings where you will interact with our widely recognised and highly respected Board of Directors.
Essential to this role will be providing innovative and creating thinking along with strong, effective and visible leadership to the Market Engagement and Membership teams. Your leadership will ensure that our stakeholders are engaged around GBCA’s purpose, deliver effective strategies which fulfil GBCA business objectives and identify new business opportunities in support of GBCA’s strategic aims.
You will also be responsible for ensuring your team is motivated and guided to contribute to the realisation of the GBCA’s mission and strategic goals.
As part of this role you will represent the GBCA across strategically aligned opportunities including speaking engagements, boardroom lunches, committee and events including acting on behalf of our Chief Executive Officer.
This is a full-time role with the option of flexible working arrangements based in our 5 Star Green Star-rated Sydney office, located opposite Hyde Park.
- Strategic direction related to membership and utilisation of our tools and products;
- Work with potential projects to identify GBCA tools, Green Star and/or other solutions;
- Identify and develop new relationships both within our membership and industry;
- Ensure top 20 and top 60 member engagement strategy in place;
- Provide regular insights into the progress of key target and projects;
- Identify potential opportunities for consideration by the GBCA Executive team;
- Ensure delivery of team KPIs and business targets relevant to the team while supporting other GBCA teams in their targeted outcomes;
- Ensure Market Engagement is a commercial business unit;
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting of areas of responsibility;
- Media representation;
- Engage with the GBCA Executive ensuring clear communication, support and exceptional outcomes.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business or similiar
- Over 10 years management experience including implementation and management of business development programs
- Experience in the Property, Construction and/or Real Estate industries (desirable)
- Experience with Green Star or other certifications (desirable)
- High level commercial acumen, including awareness of external market conditions
- Experience leading and managing a team providing support to an evolving organisation
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A ‘customer’ focus with all stakeholders (internal & external)
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent consultancy and presentation skills
- Experience in reporting to an Executive team and/or Board
About the Green Building Council of Australia
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. The GBCA employs over 40 staff and its mission is to accelerate the transformation of Australia’s built environment into one that is healthy, liveable, productive, resilient and sustainable. The GBCA works with leading industry members and government to encourage policies and programs that support its mission. The Council educates thousands of people each year on how to design and deliver efficient and sustainable outcomes for Australia’s buildings and communities. And the GBCA operates Australia’s only national, voluntary, holistic rating system for sustainable buildings and communities – Green Star.
Join a motivated and committed team who are passionate about creating sustainable places for everyone. By being part of the GBCA team you can expect a fulfilling and rewarding career through making a difference in transforming the sustainable built environment. The GBCA offers a progressive environment and culture that will support you to learn and develop in your chosen career.
- Mentoring program.
- Professional development through educational assistance.
- Employee of the Quarter (GBCA Star Award)
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work/life balance.
- Social gatherings such as Friday night drinks, birthday celebrations, fundraisers, mid-year and annual events.
How to apply
Please apply through SEEK including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager.
Closing date for applications: COB 4 May 2017