ANALYSIS: With the news this week that Tesla is now the most valuable car company in the world, there’s a sense that the green transport revolution has kicked up a gear.
SPINIFEX – YOUR FORUM, YOUR SAY
Car sales in all sectors has fallen in volume – but not EVs. They are the anomaly; they are increasing,…
The work you do is making a difference, so keep at it and don’t forsake family time. Support all the…
Social concerns should not be the responsibility of water suppliers/authorities. A water supplier should price water to reflect the cost.…
It’s the inherent circularity of water that makes it less relevant than materials in a circular economy. We learned early…
- Flick the Switch! – the ebook
- Why Nightingale and Fresh Hope’s low carbon, affordable rental development in Marrickville has stalled
- How the UK's secret defence policy is driving energy policy – with the public kept in the dark
- Lazy economics uses planning as a scapegoat
- Here’s a great idea: opt out instead of opt in for sustainability with Stockland’s net zero homes
- The case for social housing on church land
- WATER: How does NSW make sure it doesn’t get so close to Day Zero again?
- NSW Southern Highlands to get jobs boost with new EV factory planned
- On the rising tide of good ideas heading for the cities
- Inception Strategies – a high end comms business with a strong eye on procurement
NEWS FROM THE FRONT DESK – and editor’s pick
JOBS & BUSINESS NEWS
Get in front of the best talent in the industry – the people who aren’t looking for a job, just keen to stay in touch with the best, most reliable news in sustainability. Just $250+ GST. All you have to do is send us your copy and a logo, to email@example.com
CITIES & ENVIRONMENT
The NSW government has created a new agency dedicated to resilience, Resilience NSW, with the NSW Rural Fire Service boss who dominated the news cycle over the summer, Shane Fitzsimmons, to take the reins.
BUILDINGS & ENERGY
More than $5 billion was poured into social housing after the GFC and most economists supported the tactic for its propensity to boost jobs and stimulate the economy. This time round funding for social housing was a glaring omission from the federal government’s Covid-recovery 2020 budget. The sector wasn’t ignored completely: an extra $1 billion […]
The World Green Building Council has called for net zero emission by 2050 in the Asia Pacific region along with a primer on getting there. The Asia Pacific Embodied Carbon Primer highlights what embodied carbon is, where it occurs throughout a building and infrastructure asset’s lifecycle, and how tackling it can catalyse APAC to rebuild […]
The ebook for Flick the Switch is under construction
Monash University has set itself the challenging target of getting its campuses to net zero by 2030 and unlike some other organisations that set similar goals, it has a plan to get there.
Sustainable built environment body ASBEC has put its foot down on the lack of compliance with the building code. The organisation is calling for urgent changes to the way building compliance is enforced as outlined in the 2018 Building Confidence report by Professor Peter Shergold and Bronwyn Weir on issues in the construction industry. The […]