Can the impact and premium of the agglomerated knowledge economy of a CBD really be replicated in the disaggregated city? Follow the money. While we can all imagine better ways to understand what’s going on in our towns and cities, you won’t go far wrong if you know what’s going on in the economy and […]
Rod, H3 products complying with Australian Standard AS1604 used outdoors above ground should simply not be susceptible to termite attack.…
Thanks for this article Sonja and totally agree there needs to a shift from ageism to agency for older people…
Hi Dick, Thanks for the article. I will leave it to others should they wish to comment on the remedial…
Amazing. The use of steel, bricks and block are all significant C02 producers. we should use modular timber products. Treat…
- Nikola Tesla dreamed of free electricity; what happened?
- Gold star sustainable Gisborne development is snuffed by council despite serious community backing. Now it’s up to Daniel Andrews to help
- A regenerative housing estate at Gisborne that’s attracted a lot of savvy people and community buy in
- Why Bill Gates can’t save the world
- Building Circularity ebook
- Treated timber and termites? Why bother and why not to bother
- Here’s a blueprint for an “impossible” sustainable affordable off-grid house. In the inner city
- We need a vaccine for the climate misinformation pandemic – and we need to defeat Murdoch
- Joost Bakker’s new self-sustaining, zero waste Fed Square home is good enough to eat
- Richard Florida on the return of the city, “Roaring 2020s” style
In a conversation with The Fifth Estate before Building Circularity, chief executive and co-founder of Coreo, Ashleigh Morris, delved into her passion for accelerating the transition to a circular economy, how she elevated a busy street out of its waste woes, and why food scraps should be the new way of creating energy. Starting out […]
CITIES & ENVIRONMENT
It’s good news that so many people are proposing solutions for the crises in climate and nature. Bill Gates is one among many, and with so many contenders, what criteria will help us prioritise investment choices?
BUILDINGS & ENERGY
Gold star sustainable Gisborne development is snuffed by council despite serious community backing. Now it’s up to Daniel Andrews to help
A new project in Gisborne heralded as a model for truly regenerative, carbon positive regional development may not go ahead. Instead, the town could end up with more suburbanisation to accommodate its swelling population.
Ebook: Building Circularity
We’re excited to offer you our ebook on Building Circularity – why our Renaissance needs to be a perfect circle. The symposium late last year was a fantastic star-studded event. Leading architects from Australia, the UK and New Zealand joined materials experts and speakers from the private and public sector to shed light on how […]