A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
As a successful candidate, and a pivotal part of the integrated Environment and Resources team, your role is focused on business development, winning work and building long term, trusted relationships in Queensland.
You will ideally have:
- Relevant industry experience in a consulting, private industry or a government environment (15+ years);
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in relevant topic;
- Experience in sustainability, resilience, carbon, energy, climate change, ISCA or circular economy;
- Project management and business development experience;
- Experience at working on major complex multi-disciplinary projects in infrastructure or urban development and integrating sustainability technical expertise
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership;
- Proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments;
- Motivation to become a champion for change management/behavioural change regarding embedding sustainability concepts and visions in other parts of the business, as well as contributing to overarching strategies, working groups (SDG as an example) and contributing to internal research and development.
- Excellent written communication and report writing skills;
- Ability to maintain personal effectiveness particularly during periods of higher than normal workload;
- Ability to remain positively motivated and foster team spirit at times of significant pressure, including assisting others to meet deadlines;
- Desire to excel.
About the role
The role’s focus is to provide leadership to the Sustainability team in Queensland. This role’s responsibility include:
- Assisting with building a thriving and impactful sustainability business and being known as a change maker within the local focus markets.
- Delivering excellence across sustainability projects (quality, timely delivery, co-ordination, and with positive commercial outcomes).
- Guiding and leading members of the Environment and Resources team, through positive role modelling, mentorship and sponsoring. Supporting the team with technical and personal growth.
- Proactively collaborating with staff across the region and the business to share resources, opportunities and to manage team capacity through predicting and planning resourcing requirements.
- Representing Arup and demonstrating our values and ethics at internal and external meetings;
- Executing responsibilities as outlined in Arup’s Quality Management System;
- Assisting with implementing the Sustainability Business Plan for the Australasia region in alignment with the Global and Regional Strategy.
- Being accountable for the day to day operations in area of technical functional expertise;
- Maintaining a strong interest in, and understanding of, and passion for, all aspects of the sustainability field, and in creating positive change; and
- Delivering high quality tenders and proposals, including negotiating agreements with customers and suppliers in order to achieve financial goals
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
Take advantage of Arup’s flexible working culture to set and drive your agenda; we are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week, including part-time/reduced hours.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.
Reflecting on 2020 and looking to the future, we see an increased need to focus on what really matters. We also see communities and clients prioritising what is important for people and the planet, and wanting to better manage shocks and stressors. We are excited to continue to help our clients as they strive to build back better and meet the emerging global opportunities by delivering on the UN SDGs and responsible investment. If you are looking for an opportunity to join us in this journey, please consider the current senior sustainability roles we have going in Melbourne and Brisbane. #Arup #sustainabilityconsulting #unsdgs