- Full Time, 12-Month Fixed Term Contract
- This role is hosted by the City of Adelaide but fully funded by the Government of South Australia
- A position that shapes the future
From the start, the vision for Adelaide was a city of the future – one that celebrated its unique natural surrounds and structured its footprint in a way that would allow it to adapt to the changing needs of the community and a dynamic global landscape. Our focus is on our community’s wellbeing and quality of life – investing in city improvements and on future planning, so we continue to design a liveable city where future generations can continue to live authentic and meaningful lives. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and be a bigger part of our amazing city!
The Economic Development and Sustainability Program will support the growth of ‘place capital’ in the main streets and precincts to create a prosperous and liveable City. It will support the economic development of the City through a focus on business growth and investment, the City Experience (visitors and tourism) and international relations and lead CoA programs the Innovate Adelaide initiative. The Program will also support the city, its community and the Corporation in using resources wisely and adapting to climate change.
About the Opportunity
Building Upgrade Finance is a unique finance product that facilitates environmental and heritage upgrades to non-residential buildings through a tripartite agreement between property owners, financiers and local government.
The Building Upgrade Finance Central Facilitator is an independent role hosted by the City of Adelaide within the Economic Development and Sustainability Program. Although this role is hosted by the City of Adelaide, the Central Facilitator role is funded by the Government of South Australia and has state wide responsibilities for supporting the uptake of Building Upgrade Finance.
This role will be tasked to drive the delivery and facilitate the uptake of Building Upgrade Finance across the state, and will do this by:
- Targeting and engaging property owners, financiers, local government, service providers and other relevant stakeholders within South Australia to maximise the origination and uptake of agreements through Building Upgrade Finance.
- Providing information and subject matter advice to educate and build internal Local Government capacity across South Australia to offer, process and administer BUAs.
- Developing and delivering communications and marketing collateral to facilitate the uptake of Building Upgrade Finance.
- Building relationships and negotiating with stakeholders, including State Government, to ensure the effective delivery of Building Upgrade Finance.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- The ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders to deliver solutions in a complex working environment and across multiple industry sectors.
- Proven experience in successfully delivering projects including planning, procurement and managing budgets.
- Ability to work independently and manage the delivery of a program including undertaking administrative tasks such as business planning, financial management and annual reporting.
- Knowledge of local government processes and systems.
- Understanding of environmental and heritage upgrades, and the finance and property sectors.
For Further Enquiries & How to Apply
All enquiries regarding this position will remain private and confidential and can be directed to Lara Daddow on 0438 357 765.
Please submit a Resume and a Cover Letter expressing the skills, experience and qualities that respond to the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Applications should be addressed to Lara Daddow, Manager Carbon Neutral Adelaide.
Please review the position description prior to submitting an application by following the prompts to apply or visit www.cityofadelaide.com.au/careers
Applications close midnight on Wednesday 23 September 2020.
Please be advised this is a Full Time, 12-Month Fixed Term Contract with a starting salary at the Level 7 Classification commencing at $101,699 + 9.5% superannuation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.