Adrian Pozzo appointed to GBCA board
20 February 2018
Cbus Property chief executive Adrian Pozzo has been appointed to the board of the Green Building Council of Australia.
Mr Pozzo replaces Mark Gray, who was managing director of Leighton Properties, a company Mr Gray worked at for 27 years before retiring in 2014.
GBCA chair Rod Fehring welcomed Mr Pozzo’s appointment, saying it added depth as the board continued to drive a “carbon positive” agenda.
“Cbus Property has one of Australia’s largest portfolios of buildings designed and constructed to Green Star benchmarks, and many of the projects delivered under Adrian’s guidance have raised benchmarks for commercial buildings,” Mr Fehring said.
“With more than 30 years’ experience as an executive in our industry, Adrian has been a strong advocate of responsible investment that boosts health, wellbeing and delivers leading-edge built form. We are delighted to welcome him to the board.”
Sustainable assets held by Cbus include 1 Bligh Street and 5 Martin Place in Sydney, and 171 Collins Street and 720 Bourke Street in Melbourne.
Mr Fehring also farewelled Mr Gray.
“During his 27 years at the helm of Leighton Properties, Mark demonstrated great leadership in improving the performance of the built environment including its environmental performance – and Leighton Properties undoubtedly drove the green building movement in Queensland for many years,” he said.
“Mark’s work as chair of our audit and risk committee has left the GBCA in a stronger position.”
The GBCA board now comprises:
- Rod Fehring (chair), chief executive, Frasers Property Australia
- Kylie Rampa (deputy chair), chief executive property, Australia, Lendlease
- John Flecker deputy chair), chief executive, Multiplex Australasia
- Tanya Cox, non-executive director
- Susan Lloyd-Hurwitz, chief executive and managing director, Mirvac Group
- Ken Morrison, chief executive, Property Council of Australia
- Michael O’Brien, chief investment officer and executive general manager development, Vicinity Centres
- Adrian Pozzo, chief executive, Cbus Property
- Rob Sindel, chief executive and managing director, CSR Limited
- Anna Skarbek, chief executive, ClimateWorks Australia
- Andrew Whitson, group executive & chief executive residential, Stockland