WSP Senior Sustainability Consultant
Advertisement | 14 September 2017
The sustainable development challenges of cities are escalating in the face of increasing densification and deepening understanding of the climate change crisis. There are real complexities to be navigated as Australia’s cities grow ever faster and new challenges and constraints in affordability, infrastructure funding, health, amenity, density climate and resilience emerge.
The built environment – buildings, infrastructure and the places that surround them – is the front line of addressing these challenges.
At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. With over 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
The WSP Sustainability team has over 40 consultants operating across multiple sectors in ANZ. We support our clients’ projects; assessing, improving and reporting sustainable performance across the built environment: Sustainable Buildings, Sustainable Infrastructure, Sustainable Places and Sustainable Organisations.
Our services include:
- Statutory sustainability requirements | NCC Section J, BEECs, EIS input, BASIX assessments and planning/rezoning submission support.
- Best practice certification | Green Star, GRESB (property and infrastructure), LEED, IS Rating, WELL, NABERS, Living Building Challenge, EnviroDevelopment.
- Technical Analysis | Climate change risk & adaptation, Energy, GHG emissions, Water, Waste, CFD assessments, Transport & Mobility, Techno-Economic assessment, Life-cycle analysis, Whole-of-life costs, Passive design (natural light, natural ventilation, facade optimisation) and Building systems analysis.
- Advisory Services | Responsible investment, Bid sustainability strategy, Organisational sustainability strategy and reporting, Reconciliation, Policy and Precinct utility advisory.
We are looking for the best sustainability practitioners to join our business. Practitioners who share our common purpose of wanting to help clients and industry to address the emerging trends and develop further expertise in delivering more resilient city-shaping projects.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sustainability Consultant to play a key role in our Brisbane team.
- Advise on ESD of buildings, infrastructure and places to support better environmental, social and whole-of-life financial outcomes;
- Undertake detailed technical analysis; including thermal analysis, energy, water, GHG emissions, LCA, whole-of-life cost, climate adaptation and sustainability benchmarking.
- Manage projects directly with clients and as part of integrated design teams.
- Undertake client presentations and project design workshops, providing leadership on ESD.
- Market and promote environmental design to potential clients and within the company.
- Prepare reports and submissions.
- Represent the company to a high professional standard at all times.
- Participate in activities (discipline, multi-discipline, and others) to extend and share own knowledge.
- Supervise the work of assigned graduates and engineers, and contribute to their training and development, specifically when assigned as a mentor.
Education and Experience:
- Associate Diploma, Diploma, Degree or work based experience.
- Ability to manage finances and resources of multiple projects.
- Buildings ESD knowledge:
- Extensive knowledge of environmental design principles including; passive thermal design, energy simulation, building thermal response, indoor environmental quality, water cycle and materials.
- Competent in Thermal Analysis Software (TAS/IES), Radiosity modelling and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
- General ESD Knowledge.
- Sustainable infrastructure knowledge and experience would be beneficial.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm to develop and learn skills in relevant discipline.
- Demonstrate ability to work with a range of stake holders at team and office level.
- Understand and promote the operational working of WSP at office level.
- Participate in industry networking including company representation at seminars, conferences, networking events or forums.
This is an opportunity to take your career and professional capabilities to the next level.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Channelling our curiosity into creating progressive solutions to complex issues is both our mission and our passion.
Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
We are the best professional services firm, positioned to be partners for tomorrow’s challenges.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team at WSP, make an application by sending your CV to Daniel Yip – Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org