The Department of Planning & Environment: Team Leader- BASIX
Advertisement | 15 December 2017
Job Grade / Classification: Planning Officer (Professional) 3
The Department of Planning & Environment is the lead NSW Government agency in planning for a growing NSW. The Department is going through an exciting period of organisational and operational change.
The Department’s vision – Planning for growing NSW: inspiring strong communities, protecting our environment – provides the benchmark for our partnership and leadership approach to engaging and working collaboratively with key State and Local Government, community and industry stakeholders to deliver better outcomes in the areas of planning, local government and the environment.
The Department’s two related agencies – the Office of Environment & Heritage and the Office of Local Government – support the conservation and protection of the environment and an effective local government sector in NSW. Several other entities associated with the Department include the Environment Protection Authority, statutory trusts responsible for zoos, parks and gardens, independent assessment and planning bodies, and development corporations.
About the role
This role plays a critical function in the effective operation of the BASIX system, in consultation with the Director and other senior executive. This is a policy role but one that also has a technical element. Previous experience with the BASIX system or building sustainability issues will be highly regarded.
Primary purpose of the role
- Manages the day to day team operations in consultation with the Director.
- Make decisions within legislative and regulatory provisions.
- Ensures the integrity and effective operation of the BASIX system, in consultation with the Director.
- Degree or experience in a relevant discipline, including but not limited to planning, building surveying, architecture, environmental sciences, economics, sustainable built environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience working on matters associated with the sustainable built environment.
To be successful in the role, ideally you will have
- Previous experience working on building sustainability issues or in providing high-level policy advice on technical matters.
Please read the following documents prior to preparing your application
Please see I work for NSW for more information.